Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Blog With Great Recipe's!!!

I came across a blog today that is full of great low carb recipe's.  I have got to get a grip on the weight loss and cutting carbs and exercising is the only way to go.  I finished off the last little bit of wine I had on Sunday, no more wine!!  I think that has been the biggest cupreit of them all!! I'm sure the tortilla chips helped add on the few extra pounds too.  BOTH have to go. 

The blog is called Low Carb Layla..  She has a great Fried Cabbage with Bacon and Onions...  I'm going to try this..  I love cabbage and it looks easy!!!


Ingredients:

1 medium head green cabbage, chopped loosely
3 slices bacon, chopped
1/4 large onion or 1/2 small to medium onion, chopped
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pan cook the chopped bacon over medium to medium high heat.  Once the fat renders off and there's plenty of bacon grease in the pan, add the chopped onion.  Right when the bacon has just started to crisp, add the chopped cabbage, salt and pepper and the Worcestershire sauce.  Stir occasionally until cabbage is softened and some pieces are lightly browned.  Might need to add salt or pepper depending on your taste.

If you want too,  pop over to Low Carb Layla to read the comments on how other followers cooked theirs and how they "tweaked" it.  I always find that helpful...  I'm going to add her to my blog list!!



No comments:

Post a Comment