Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Weekend Casserole.

Have I told you this week how much I love Pinterest.  It just takes you to the best blogs and recipe's ever!  And then if you go back into that blogger's history----you find even more recipe's!!  Just awesome.
I have had several friends say Shrimp and Grits are to die for.  So when I came across what looks to be a simple recipe, I though why not.  I found this over at The Kitchen is My Playground..  I think I may try it on my next weekend off...

                                                          Shrimp and Grits Casserole

Ingredients:

2 c milk (whole or skim)
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup quick cooking grits
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
2 T butter
4 oz. cream cheese
1 or 2 T chopped fresh chives
3 T fresh parsley or 1 T dried parsley
1 T. lemon juice
1 egg
1 lb. peeled shrimp roughly chopped

Directions:

Bring milk and chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.  Gradually add grits and salt to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk.  Cook 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.  Remove grits from heat.  Stir in Parmesan, butter, and cream cheese until melted; then stir in remaining indredients.

Spoon grits mixture into a 11x7 baking dish generously coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until set and the top is just starting to get some golden brown areas.

Let me know how yours turns out!!!!

Check out The Kitchen is My Playground for detailed pictures on this recipe and much more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment