Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Love me some Pineapple....

I think I'm going through a pineapple phase right now.  Can't seem to get enough of it.  My favorites right now are pineapple, honey dew melon and blackberries.  All mixed together.  Crazy I know, but very good!!!
I found this recipe on Pinterest..  Its called Bakes Pineapple Casserole.  Looks simple enough...


Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
4 eggs
1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
5 slices white bread, torn
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice

Preheat oven to 350 degress.  Grease a medium-sized casserole dish.  In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar, beat in eggs one at a time.  Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.  Add bread and crushed pineapple into the mixture.  Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
Bake in oven until bubbly and lightly browned, about 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment