Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Egg Whites Rule....

I have to say, I'm loving egg whites!!  I haven't used real eggs in a very long time.  I've always used Egg Beaters.  It was simple and Mac can't tell the difference anyway.  However, now that I'm on Weight Watchers, I've switched over to egg whites AND Mac still can't tell the difference.  Actually, neither can I.

This is my latest twist on an old favorite---Breakfast Sandwich Recipe..   It is so good!!!


Ingredients:

1 100 calorie sandwich round
1/3 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 pepper
1 slice fat-free American cheese
1/4 cup chopped spinach leaves
1 slice lean deli ham
2 slices fresh tomato
1 slice red onion

Spray your cooking pan with non-stick spray and set to medium heat.  Go ahead and toast your bread if you would like.  While bread is toasting, heat the ham in the skillet first.  Place the ham on half of the toasted bread.  Next, add the spinach to the frying pan and cover with a lid until the leaves start to wilt (about a minute).  Add in egg whites , salt and pepper.  Scramble egg whites with spinach until it is solid.  Pile up the eggs on one section of the pan, top with the slice of cheese.  Cover pan with lid, and turn of the heat.  After about 30 seconds, remove the lid and cheese should be melted.  Place eggs with the cheese on top of the ham on your sandwich.  Top with your favorite toppings---mine are onions and peppers!!  Now enjoy!!!

This is 4 points on the Weight Watchers Plus plan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment