Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Going To Try Again....

I was looking back on some of my older post from this time last year and I'm so dishearted that I didn't get around to making my rag quilt.  I bought this wonderful sewing machine and dabbled with it, but just never completed it.   I think I let it "scare" me off...  Plus, I just had so much personal stuff going on last year, the creative juices just weren't flowing regularly.  Well now that all that is settled, divorce finalized---it's time for me to start doing things I know I will enjoy once I put my fear behind me.  I just have to jump in and do it.  The worst that can happen is it's butt ugly--right??  And it is the perfect thing to keep my mind busy and my body out of the kitchen!!  The Weight Watchers diet is going great, so I'm willing to do anything that keeps that moving forward!!

That being said, I'm revisiting Pinterest and YouTube for my beginner rag quilt ideas and tutorials.  I found this one at The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking..  She explains thing wonderfully, so hopefully I can pick it up quick.  Or make some really cute "mistake" projects!  Now I know I'm not going to meet the man of my dreams sitting behind a sewing machine---but atleast when I do find him, I will be able to keep him warm!!

I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing...


No comments:

Post a Comment