Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How Fit Are We?

I know I have told ya'll before that I have a serious magazine addiction.  I just can't help it.  They scream at me anytime I'm in a check out line!!  And so I must buy it..  This interesting article came from this month's Shape magazine. It America's Fittest 2012 cities.  The rankings are based on nutritious eateries, farmers markets, outdoor activities, health in the city as a general.  How you get to and from work is even included.  I don't see many bicycles rolling down I-65---so that may have hurt us.

Here is a list of the Top Ten Fittest 2012:

1.  Minneapolis
2.  Washington, DC
3.  Boston
4.  San Francisco
5.  Hartford, CT
6.  Sacramento, CA
7.  Portland, OR
8.  Seattle
9.  Denver
10. Austin, TX

Now if you are curious as to where Birmingham ranked---we are number 46.  That sure does sound like it's a long way down the list.  But the south is known for it's southern cooking and we are also getting popular for our obesity numbers as well.  All areas we can work on!!

We are half way done with 2012, where are you in your weight loss goals that you probably set at the beginning of the year.  I have lost roughly 20 pounds (partly due to stress from the "divorce diet")--but I will take it and keep going!!  I have changed from cooking with beef to using turkey.  Mac hasn't even noticed.  And thanks to Pinterest I have found so many healthy, new recipe's to cook, that I'm set for a very long time in that area.  Not to mention the endless motivational tips and fitness ideas.  So there really is no reason we all can't change our lifestyles in some form or fashion to live a healthier life...
Find your motivation and just make the change---it becomes a habit after just one month!!


Final thought.....


No comments:

Post a Comment