Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pasta... Need I say More?

My garden is blowing up with fresh tomatoes and jalapenos so I'm always looking for recipe's that I can incorporate my veggies into it.  I think I found a good one.  It comes from one of the blogs that I follow, SkinnyTaste.com.  It's called Angel Hair with Zucchini and Tomatoes---and it looks very tasty from the picture...


Ingredients

2 zucchini, cut or in ribbons
4 cloves garlic chopped
2 shallots diced
3 tomatoes, diced
4 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
crushed red pepper flakes to taste
8 oz. angel hair pasta
2tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup low sodium fat free chicken broth


Directions:


In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to instructions.


While pasta is cooking, heat a saute pan on medium-high.  Add oil when
pan gets hot.  Add garlic and shallots to the pan and saute for about 1 minute.  Add zucchini 
and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cook about 2 minutes.  Then add tomatoes, crushed
red pepper and the chicken broth.  Adding more salt and pepper if needed.  Stir for another minute 
and remove from the burner.
Drain pasta reserving some of the water and toss the pasta with the zucchini.  Add more of the pasta water if needed.  
You may add Parmesan cheese if you would like..  I HATE Parmesan!!  But go for it!!


Pop over to SkinnyTaste.com for some more tasty recipes!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment