Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chili Time....

Finally, cold weather is upon us!!  I hope it is here to stay!!  There is nothing better in the winter then those crock-pots full of chili.  I love it so much!!  I was on Pinterest and came across a recipe for Creamy White Chicken Chili on Moore-Recipes blog.  I have never fixed a white chili before, nor have I used chicken.  I like turkey in mine.  However, I'm all about trying new things now since Pinterest has come along.   I think I may make this one for our Alabama/LSU party at my sister-in-laws....  Perfect---chili and ROLL TIDE!!!


1 lb chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch cubes.  If pushed for time, you can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and just pull the meat off.
1 medium onion, chopped
2 red potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup celery
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 (15oz) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14oz) can chicken broth
2 (4oz) cans diced green chilies
1/4 tsp ground cumin, rounded
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper ----I might add a little more here---I'm a spicy girl!!!
1 cup sour cream
1/2 whipping cream

In a large sauce pan, saute chicken, potatoes, celery, onion, and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink.  Add beans, broth chilies and seasonings.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.  Remove heat; stir in sour cream and whipping cream.


Serve immediately.   If you already have cooked the chicken, just add it right before you add the creams so it can get it warm...

Check out Moore- Recipes for lots of other tasty recipes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment