Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Another for the Crockpot.....

Can I just tell you again this week how much I love Pinterest.  I have cooked more in the past year than I have in my whole life!!  Just love it...  My other love, as I have told ya'll is my crockpot.  I just cooked the BBQ chicken recipe again yesterday and it was amazing..  Plus there are leftovers for my work week...
I have always wanted to try to cook a whole chicken, but until Pinterest, I just didn't have the guts to do so.  This recipe that I found via Pinterest is for a Whole Chicken in the Crockpot!!!  It looks so simple..  I just have to buy me a meat thermostat so I can make sure it is done... But this recipe is so in my future!!

Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe

Ingredients:

4 teaspoons salt (reviews say 2 tsp is better)
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( I might use a little more---I love spicy!!)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 large roasting chicken (with pop-up timer if possible)
1 cup chopped onions (optional)

Directions:

In a small bowl combine the spices
Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.  (Not with detergent like the housewife did!!)
Rub spice mixture onto chicken
If you are not in a hurry, you can place the chicken in a resealable bag and refrigerate overnight.  But this step can be skipped.
When ready to cook, put chopped onion in the bottom of the crockpot, add chicken.
No liquid is needed as the recipe says it will make it's own juices.
Cook on low 4-8 hours.  This is where I would need the pop-up so I can make sure the meat is done!!

I'll let ya'll know how it turns out!!!  Thanks Food.com via Pinterest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment