Thursday, July 19, 2012

Last Recipe of the Week!!

I was checking in on the blogs that I follow and stumbled upon this tasty looking dinner.  I think Mac would love it.  He still hasn't figured out that I switched to ground turkey months ago!  So I think I can pull this one off too!!  I got it over at Skinnytaste.com.  And now that he has found a new love for bacon---I see this as a future dinner for sure!!!


Ingredients:

3/4 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
2 tbsp onion minced
2 tbsp diced red pepper
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 large egg
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp kosher salt 
1.2 pounds raw 93% lean ground turkey
5 slices center cut bacon, cut in half
2 1/2 tbsp BBQ sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray a petite loaf pan with oil.
In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, onion, red pepper, breadcrumbs, BBQ sauce, egg, paprika and salt.  
Add the turkey and combine until mixed through.
Create 5 equal  loafs and place them into the loaf pan.  Then put 2 bacon halves over each loaf and top each with 1/2 tbsp of the additional BBQ sauce.
Bake 25 minutes or until cooked through...

This would be a GREAT summer dinner with some baked beans!!!

Don't forget to check out her blog SkinnyTaste.com!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment