Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sewing and Sewing....

I'm so excited---tomorrow is my first sewing class!!  I can't wait!  I love learning new crafts and this is going to open up a HUGE door...  This is a picture of my new sewing machine I got for Christmas.
It's a Singer Brilliance 6160---mine is pink instead of blue, but everything else is the same.  I plan on taking it to my Monday morning so I can learn from my actual sewing machine.  Then I have a beginner quilting class set up for Friday.  I hope more people have set "learning to sew" as their goal for this year.  Don't want the class to get cancelled!!  However, if it does the machine comes with an instructional DVD---hopefully I can figure it out...  Can't wait to start posting pictures of this venture!!

Today's Tip:

According to the Craft & Hobby Association’s U.S. Attitude & Usage Study, there are eight key benefits or motivational driving factors behind active crafters:
1. Sense of Accomplishment
2. Relaxation
3. Memory Keeping
4. Health
5. Economy/Value
6. Recommended by Friends or Family
7. Enables Spending Time with Others
8. Interaction with Children
Additionally, crafting reduces stress, builds self-esteem and increases physical dexterity and studies from NYU and Harvard have shown that activities ranging from scrapbooking to knitting can actually improve concentration, while enhancing health and mental wellness. With eight key benefits of crafting it’s no wonder why crafters have been active for centuries knitting, sewing, quilting, drawing, painting, woodworking, and more recently scrapbooking, food crafting, and creating digital and hybrid crafts.  So take some time out this month to (re)discover your creative side and craft

This tip was borrowed from http://pentelblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment